Thursday, April 28, 2011

Family Day, Part III: Warrior Skills Trainer

The Warrior Skills Trainer, part three of our Family Day, is one of the coolest things I've done.  It is a simulated convoy of four HMMWVs with surrounding screens that show the scenery of a middle eastern village. 

We were able to fill the spots in a mounted patrol and work together to drive through the village.  I was in the turret and the rest of my family was scattered throughout the other vehicles.  It was amazing to get a glimpse of what our Soldiers do regularly and by the end, my shoulders were in knots from the tension of looking for insurgents in the simulation.  What a great way to gain a little more appreciation for the hard work our Soldiers do!

We're ready for patrol!  Kristin, Ariel, Athena, me, and Sharon
In the turret of the HMMWV
My mom is ready to go!
My stepdad is behind me all the way!
Trey at the wheel!
Jacob in the simulator.
My sister-in-law is a natural!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fabulous Remarks