Friday, October 17, 2014

Promotion Ceremony

There are so many things I love about the Army and I'm a sucker for the ceremonial ... so it's no surprise that I was moved to tears at my husband's promotion ceremony.  I am so very proud of him and his service.  He has an unwavering faith in our military and the Soldiers he serves.  We cannot imagine any other path in life and are grateful for the opportunity to be a part of this amazing culture.  With a happy heart, we congratulate our fabulous Soldier as he is promoted to the rank of Colonel.  We love you, Honey!

Ready for the promotion ceremony!

This is the oath office that is recited during the ceremony ... I just love this:

I do solemnly swear (or affirm)
that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States
against all enemies, foreign and domestic;
that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same;
that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion;
and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter.
So help me God.
 
These boys have my heart.
Of course we rehearsed our roles in the ceremony.
I had the hard part, getting that crazy shoulder board onto his coat ...
But I nailed it!  First try!  HOOAH!
Congratulations, COL Cook!
 

2 comments:

Fabulous Remarks