Sunday, July 31, 2011

My 40th Birthday Bash

My sisters planned a fun night for me as I turned 40.  We started with a delicious dinner at Cantina Laredo, a cake with sparklers, and a full mariachi band, plus visiting with some great friends.  From there, we moved over to Pete's Dualing Piano Bar.  It was a really fun place with two pianos playing a wide variety of songs that we all joined in to sing. 

What my sisters (whom I clearly really, really love) did not tell me is that the folks at Pete's thrive on embarrassing anyone who is celebrating a special occasion.  My name was the first one called of the evening and I quickly realized that resistance was futile.  I spent a humiliating four songs on stage dancing to silly songs and trying to not blush the same color as my tomato-red dress.

After my performance on stage, I really had a good time.  It was fun to watch others on stage and sing along with lots of familiar songs.  All in all, it was a great night and I love my Kristin for planning it! 

My birthday cake at Cantina Laredo, a super-yummy Mexican restaurant.
LOVED seeing my wonderful friend Christie at dinner!
Doing the twist on stage ... thanks, sisters!
Happy, happy ... joy, joy!
Yep, still on stage.
Lori, Krissa, Caressa, and me
Love my cousin-and-friend, Lori!
Me with my beautiful sisters!
Silly fun with super friends ... Krissa, Caressa, Kristin, Cristy, Lori, and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fabulous Remarks