Friday, September 26, 2014

Big, Bold, Crazy Prayers


Like so many of you, I have been touched by the word 'cancer' far too often.  

My grandfather died of lung cancer when I was young,
my mom is now (gratefully!) cancer-free, 
my dad is bravely fighting through his long battle with colon cancer, 
our closest Army friends are dealing with prostate cancer,
my boss is undergoing chemotherapy for testicular cancer, 
we lost a wonderful friend and Soldier to throat cancer, 
a fabulous high school friend is a 4-year survivor of breast cancer,
a college roommate's young son is battling cancer,
an Army wife friend just completed reconstruction after beating breast cancer,
another Army wife friend is now able to celebrate being breast cancer-free,
a third Army wife friend was just diagnosed with breast cancer and begins her journey,
and now my sister-in-law begins her journey to defeat breast cancer as well.  

It's safe to say that I hate this awful disease.  I pray for its demise; that it would one day be a dark spot in our history books, something we can only read about in the past tense.  I pray for total and complete healing from this horrible and sinister disease.  

I love my sister-in-law Rachel's words on the very day she was diagnosed ... she is praying big, bold, crazy prayers ... and so are we.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear of all the people you know who has been effected by cancer. I myself know a few people its such an awful disease. I will keep all of your friends and family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Fabulous Remarks